Interested in becoming a carbon positive business?
Welcome to the Gone West Green Affiliate Programme (GAP):
Becoming Carbon Positive
In order to be listed as one of our affiliates (featured in our trip planner search results), your business (accommodation provider or activity provider) must first make a step to becoming carbon positive.
Gone West provides this service by working out the emissions created by your business.
We then plant enough trees in order to offset your annual carbon output. This service is offered annually, monthly or on a per booking basis.
What are the benefits for you as an accommodation or activity provider?
- We handle all aspects of your business related carbon offset.
- Backed up and signed off by our environmental science team.
- Our reforestation team plant the required amount of trees guarenteeing your carbon positive status.
- You will receive the Gone West stamp of approval for display both on premise and online.
- Specific social media posts related to your business.
- You will be featured in our results (desktop, mobile & App) map view - results view.
- We direct bookings to your establishment via our trip planner tool.
How do we calculate our affiliates carbon emissions?
By working with our environmental scientist Dr David Halewood (Former vice president of International Tree Foundation), we have created a carbon calculator to which you simply input specific details regarding your operations e.g Electricity consumption & fuel consumption, resulting in a bespoke approximate auditing survey for your business.
This calculates approximately how many trees need to be planted in order to offset your carbon output. We then send on these details to our reforestation team to plant the trees as part of our on-going operations. (Within 6 month of sign up.)
Where and how do we carry out our Reforestation Operations?
We carry out reforestation operations globally. Every year we target a specific country and tender for contracts with landowners and governments to create new forests in the area, to offset our affiliates, members travel, provide job opportunities and replenish Ecosystems.
We provide the labour and in return, granted exclusive ownership of the carbon and oxygen storage capacity of the forest.
We provide a professional team of planters to execute each contract. We adhere to strict health and safety procedures and efficient offset standards at all times, not to mention minimal human impact during each planting project.
For a more detailed insight in to the process please see:
What is the price breakdown to join the Green Affiliate Programme P1?
1 Tonne = £1.00 - 10 Tonne = £10.00 - 100 Tonne = £100.00
- 1 bed hostel/hotel creates 36.5 tonnes per year - £10 Per Year - £0.85 Per Month.
- 10-bed hostel/hotel creates 365.00 tonnes per year - £100.00 Per Year - £8.50 Per Month.
- 100-bed hostel/hotel creates 3650 tonnes per year - £1000.00 Per Year - £85.00 Per Month.
- Small Scale activity provider creates 300 tonnes per year - £300.00 Per Year - £30.00 Per Month.
- Medium Scale activity provider creates 1000 tonnes per year - £1000 Per Year - £100.00 Per Month.
- Large Scale activity provider creates 5000 tonnes per year - £5000 Per Year - £500 Per Month.
Stay tuned for our "Green Marketing Service" coming exclusively to our Green Affiliate Members in 2018.