We Strive To Operate The Most Environmentally Efficient Operations Possible.
Here at Gone West, we are committed to limiting the environmental impact of our work. Through both individual and collective efforts to change our ways of working, all our people at every level of the organisation play their part in reducing the resources we consume to help mitigate climate change and its adverse impact on the communities. We strive to operate within carbon neutral zone. We work with the following principles at Gone West;
- We at Gone West belief that every effort should be made to reduce your carbon footprint before you opt to offset it, and offsetting should never be an excuse to continue polluting.
- Involve, educate, and train not only our staff in environmental issues but also the communities where we locate our projects, to instil a sense of environmental responsibility.
- Assess environmental impact of all our activities and products and seek to eliminate any that pose harm to the environment when economically and operationally practical.
- Reduce waste going to the landfill by minimizing amount of waste produced, reusing materials when possible, and recycling other wastes.
- We believe in downloading more and storing them in our drives. We try to avoid printing at all costs.
- Purchase and use environmentally responsible (recyclable, refurbished, etc.) products from environmentally responsible suppliers (i.e. suppliers who emphasize the need for renewable energy supplies).
- We monitor and minimise the environmental impact of road, rail and air travel by encouraging the use of travel options that minimise environmental impact in addition to exploring new ways of delivering our work sustainably.
- Be an environmentally responsible neighbour in the community where we operate, and correct incidents or conditions that endanger health, safety, or the environment.
- For individuals and businesses alike, there is always going to be a limit on how much carbon emissions can be reduced. For this reason, we have chosen to work exclusively with businesses in a voluntary offsetting framework. Our focus is restoring ecosystems across the World, and so we only work with businesses that share the same interest at heart. We will never work with large corporations interested only in carbon offsetting for regulatory compliance purposes.
We will comply with existing environmental legislation and will collaborate with authorities regarding environmental protection. GW will keep on evaluating its organisational activities and seek to improve any that adversely affect the environment. Furthermore, we will provide public displays of information on our website to educate them regarding the impact of our activities on the environment, and also to encourage them to assist us in achieving our goals. We are committed to this policy of environmental stewardship, sustainable operation.