Terms and Conditions are important.... love them or hate them they're a reality, to keep things simple, protected and honest. At Gone West we try to treat each member and their work with the upmost respect and we hope the following will reflect this. Gone West was formed by like minded individuals, therefore our work ethics should be predictable. If you have any queries don't hesitate to get in touch at:
These are the terms that govern your use of the platform. There's some important stuff you really need to know, because these terms apply to your participation in our online community (whether you're registered, contributing content or just browsing).
All donation of content is stored safely and securely, used for the purpose of encouraging conservation and exploration, in certain scenarios we may contact you offering you the choice to evolve toward greater opportunities within the team and with your work. By becoming a contributing artist you open the door to a new world of opportunity.
Please read below
1. Your content is totally connected to you the artist, when you become a Gone West member, you join a trusted community, an online platform with an aim to do good, regardless of the type of content you send, you can trust that we will do our best to promote your portfolio if wished, you will be credited on complete display for public viewing, with links to view your work (unless desired otherwise).
2. The action of becoming a member and donation of content gives Gone West the rights to post on our social media platforms, place through out the online platform (www.gonewest.com) to act as visual examples for each internal page and help improve our learning experience.
3. If an article is sent in by a member with no imagery, e.g. an article about Antarctica holding nothing but written content, then this means we may contact you requesting the use of your images providing you hold relevant imagery within your portfolio, to help give the featured members article more depth and offer the chance to promote your work in collaboration with the writer.
4. This is a free membership, we take no money from you for the action of donating work, the aim is to form an organized safe archive of creative documentation accessible by any who wishes to learn and be inspired.
5. All imagery sent must be JPEG / Original size / Free of any personal watermarking. All imagery we use will be watermarked with the GW logo when necessary.
6. Any new contributor must send a profile picture.
Our Contributors are free to do as they want, as they are all freelancers operating underneath their own paradigm.
- At GW we are the middleman. All of our employees are freelancers and are free to do as they wish as they operate under their own umbrella, eventually we will have the financial backing to take your safely stored portfolio and create an online profile for you, no not like bookface, more just a simple visual example page of your work laid out in an organised fashion for you to use as you wish. We understand its hard being a creative, having an online portfolio, which you need not pay for, is a breath of fresh air for most, we aim to provide this.
- All content displayed on Gone West is copyright protected by the Creative Commons Act. No content can be used for commercial purposes without first agreeing the terms with us. (By proceeding to send in your content you automatically agree, as our terms are on display and accessible to all).
- Don't claim anybody else's footage/imagery/writing as your own, instead promote others.
- Do not use the GW logo without first acquiring permission from our marketing department.
- No commercial use of this site is permitted. You may use the site for personal, non-commercial purposes only. (unless for educational purposes, if so please contact us and we are happy to help)
- All content on the site is owned by Gone West Global Ltd or licensed to us by our registered users and other licensees. If you donate content it is still yours but you allow us to use it. You may copy only selected areas of the site. If you wish to access the archive for any particular reason then send us an email and well be happy to help.
- Our trade marks (including the Gone West and GW Social Enterprise trade marks) may not be used in any way or for any reason without our permission. At GW we believe in karma and as such we are happy to allow our logo to be used if its for a positive reason. We hope that by collaborating as much as we can we spread our help and spread the knowledge contained within the collective.
The purposes for which we collect your personal information when you register or email us are:
- Administering the site.
- Sending you a password once we evolve to be able to offer profile systems.
- Contacting you about your content and keeping in touch with you to offer you the chance to participate in creative and possible financially beneficial projects.
- Once we are in a position to offer this section, you can access and update your personal information in the 'profile' section at any time.
WE WILL NEVER SELL ANY OF YOUR DETAILS TO ANY COMPANY OR MARKETING AGENCY
Liability and Disclaimer
- Own all of the work you upload to the site or have the permission from the owner of the content to upload it.
- Be able to grant Gone West the rights under these Terms and Conditions (so, for example, you cannot grant us exclusive rights if you have already granted someone else exclusive rights); and
- obtain the consent of the owner of any work incorporated into the content you upload on the site.
We are not responsible to you or anyone else for any loss, damage, liability, cost or expense suffered in connection with the use of the site or any content or services available via the site. The site is provided “as is”. The information on this site is written free from assumptions in terms of your own personal skillset and as such may not be suitable for your particular needs. You should verify critical information (like advice about visas and health and safety) Independently before you travel.
We make no warranties or representations about the site or its content and exclude, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any liability which may arise as a result of their use. We will never be liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss or loss of profits or revenue arising out of the use of our website. Action, preceding damage, loss, expense or liability incurred or suffered by or brought made or recovered against us in connection with any breach by you of these terms.
Looking for something different? Not quite sure what these terms mean? We are happy to help. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org